- 1982: Howco Group formed by Malcolm Howat and John Ferguson in Kilsyth, Scotland.
- 1990: Reputation for materials management firmly established throughout UK and Europe
- 2000: Significant growth leads to new service centres in the USA, Canada, Singapore, and Norway.
- 2001: Acquisition of Sheffield based Henry Whithams and Houston Based Carbon and Alloy, adding century-old know-how and processing excellence. Acquisition includes Rotherham based Millhouses Engineering -one of the best-equipped heavy engineering machine shops in Europe.
- 2003: Howco Quality Alloys launched as independent division to provide dedicated focus on nickel alloy forged products.
- 2004: Acquisition of Irvine based Critical Components - now Howco Oilfield Services
- 2006: Establishment of Howco Oilfield Services Dubai and opening Howco China offices.
- 2009: Relocation of Howco Singapore to custom built premises.
- 2010: Open custom built facilities in Dubai.